download of GEOPSY

Post in this forum any question related to the installation on any of the supported platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows)
akmundepi

download of GEOPSY

Postby akmundepi » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:19 am

I am a regular user of GEOPSY. I need to download new version but I could not able to download.

Mundepi

admin
Site Admin

Re: download of GEOPSY

Postby admin » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:37 am

What's wrong with download? Could you explain with more details what happened? Which platform did you try to download?

admin
Site Admin

Re: download of GEOPSY

Postby admin » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:23 am

"There is a problem with this website's security certificate"

Geopsy.org is using CAcert as a certification authority for https access (secured download area). The certification authority is used by many open source projects but it is currently not recognized by default by Firefox and other web browsers. There is always a way to accept certificates, sometimes rather hidden like under Firefox. Here is a description of all steps:

First your should get this message or something similar:

Expand the last item "I understand the risks":

Click on "Add Exception...", the content of download.geopsy.org should appear in a dialog box after a few seconds:

Click on "Confirm Security Exception". In most cases, you must now reload the page to get access to download area:

Now that's done for all future download. Every year this certificate renewed and you will be forced to do the same job. There is another way which consist of adding Certification Authority from CACert into Firefox. This way all CACert certificates will be accepted transparently. This method is described under a yellow warning on the download page:
http://www.cacert.org/certs/root.crt
Attachments
resend.png
(17.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
addexception.png
(32.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
iunderstand.png
(12.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet
untrusted.png
(28.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Installation”