Geopsy help! the tools are disappeared!

Post in this forum any question related to the installation on any of the supported platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows)
luigiV

Geopsy help! the tools are disappeared!

Post by luigiV »

Help! I worked all day without problems and when I restarted geopsy all the tools are disappeared ...
Then I deleted the entire Geopsy directory and reinstalled again into a different directory. But the problem remains. When I go to "preferences / tools" and press the "search" button a message appears saying that "One ore more plugins in your search path (s) are not compatible with this geopsy version. It is likely that old versions of plugins were not de-installed properly. "
In the "log" window the message appears: "C: /geopsy/bin/geopsyhv3.dll has not a correct interface version." Would this be the problem? I have looked in the list of dlls of the installation package and there is the same geopsyhv3.dll. So if at first everything worked, why don't you now accept the same plugins?
In previous versions there was the Uninstall utility which now no longer exists and therefore I believe that it is sufficient to delete the entire directory to properly clean the previous plugins.
I attach two images that I hope will help solve the problem.
Thank you
Luigi Veronese
Attachments
log window warning.jpg
(20.41 KiB) Not downloaded yet
no tools.jpg
(57.6 KiB) Not downloaded yet

luigiV

Re: Geopsy help! the tools are disappeared!

Post by luigiV »

Hi,
I would like to specify that I was able to correctly install Geopsy with all its tools, but I don't know how. I think this release still has some bugs confirmed by the fact that SPAC doesn't work even with the Lep_ring1_3C database and the program crash with every attempt. My PC works with windows10 and I'd like to know if this only happens to me.
Thank you
Luigi

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Luigi,

Open GeopsyLand. In the terminal, you can enter

Code: Select all

geopsy -clear-tools
Then, start geopsy from the left icon in GeopsyLand. Is it better?

Are you sure that everything was deleted in C:/geopsy/bin before you did the installation? When running several versions on the same machine, it is better to run the above command when switching between versions.

luigiV

Post by luigiV »

Hi Marc,
thanks a lot for answer and suggestion
Luigi