HVSR usage - please help

This forum is dedicated to discuss all problems and suggestions related to the use of geopsy database and its plugins (array processing, H/V,...).
TerraAu

HVSR usage - please help

Post by TerraAu »

Hi
I am new to Geopsy. I am using the HVSR module. It does not always work as expected.
When time windows are selected, it sometimes does not display the windows selected: when it works, these are indicated by green box. Then clicking "Start" to calculate HVSR, there is no change in the time data window when the green box was not shown: when it works with the green boxes, the boxes become multicoloured corresponding to the HVSR graph, and the components, V. N and E are correctly labelled to the seismic traces.

Is this a bug? I use this module n the same way for several files and it sometimes works. So is there something wrong with these files? Is there a way to get around the problem?

The input data are in SEG-2, sampling rate is 8ms, data length is 5 minutes.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

admin
Site Admin

Re: HVSR usage - please help

Post by admin »

As I wrote in another post, whenever you observe the error, send me the file so that I can reproduce the error and eventually fix it.

TerraAu

Post by TerraAu »

Thank you, Marc.
...However, uploading does not work. Error message is : "Invalid file extension". The files I tried to attach are in SEG-2 (.dat) and PowerPoint (.pptx). I send them to you directly by e-mail.

I sent three files to you:
data files 0008.dat and 0011.dat both in SEG-2 format, sampling rate 8ms length 5 minutes.
The other file is screenshots of HVSR of the above data. The eleven analysis windows are displayed on the graphic window as eleven colour boxes for file 0011, but not for 0008.
These data were recorded in the same way on the same day.

Any help is appreciated.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

From your snapshot (see attached PNG file), we can see that the graphic contains 3 signals tagged as Vertical components. Hence, it is not possible to attach a H/V tool to such viewer without getting an error. In the above table, you edited the components to have the correct component tags. The H/V toolbox is then certainly attached to the table (for which no time window can be displayed). You can close the graphic, the toolbox will remain. If you close the table, the toolbox and the results will disappear. A way to check links between toolboxes and signal viewers is to activate the toolbox window, the viewer will be moved to top of the window stack if it was hidden by other windows.

Generally it is better to avoid multiple active toolboxes in the same tab. Use several tabs instead.

Checking your SEG-2 files I noticed that the ACQUISITION_DATE was not correctly parsed. The format of this date in SEG-2 file is a little bit random (numerical format, d/m or m/d?, sometimes local language month names,...). Next release will accept more formats for this date.
Attachments
missing_windows.png
(167.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet