Linear FK for MASW processing

This forum is dedicated to discuss all problems and suggestions related to the use of geopsy database and its plugins (array processing, H/V,...).
smorton

Linear FK for MASW processing

Postby smorton » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:56 pm

I have processed some MASW data using the Linear FK tool in Geopsy, but I am having trouble loading the picked dispersion curves into dinver. I used the Linear FK Toolbox/Actions/Save to save the curve with a written *.target extension, however, when I try to load into dinver, I receive the message "error while reading file." I do not understand why the file cannot be read, am I missing a step between exporting the curve and dinver? Thank you for your help!

riccardo

Re: Linear FK for MASW processing

Postby riccardo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:03 pm

no,
you save the picked point of the dispersion curve in "multi-column file" that is a txt file that you can load as target in dinver.

sohrab

Postby sohrab » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:54 am

I wish you great health, happiness and love in NEW YEAR.

How can i pick the peak point and modes in easy and accurate way from dispersion curve that is obtained from MASW in order to use in Dinver

these days I’m working on ground water level dropping and its effect on dispersion curves. However, I cannot properly evaluate and compare the differences between dry and saturated condition of soil and groundwater level after inversion!
I think, it’s because of Inappropriate picking the peak point and finding mode in dispersion spectra (vs-f) that I don’t know how I can do that. It should be noted that, I have recently drawn the dispersion, slowness and inversion curve of this data (numerical by software modeling) by using Geopsy software. In this regard, I would like to hear your opinion about how can i draw the peak curve and modes properly in dispersion spectra curves for using in?

Sincerely,
S. Mirassi

massimo

Postby massimo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:02 am

ciao,
in the spectrum graph, click on tools- Autopick curves:
in linear F / K toolbox uses the functions in Actions: resample etc.
The modes to be assigned to the dispersion curves are subjective choices.

Return to “Geopsy usage”