SPAC use

This forum is dedicated to discuss all problems and suggestions related to the use of geopsy database and its plugins (array processing, H/V,...).
Theodora

SPAC use

Postby Theodora » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:49 am

Hi Marc,

I was wondering why in some cases I can process SPAC data while in others not. My data belong to the same data set, and till now out of 20 sites, about 12 result in *gpy database. I don't see why Geopsy refuses to process the rest of the sites. Data look reasonable, I cannot detect differences between those processed and those not. I tried to cut off spikes, use subsets, fiddle with the different parameters in the SPAC toolbox, but in vain. The log file (in the unsuccessful cases) does not add windows and produces 0 windows each time.
Do you know why this may happen?

many thanks, Theodora

admin
Site Admin

Re: SPAC use

Postby admin » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:40 am

Are you selecting any "anti-triggering" or window selection options? First start with accepting all time windows. Do not play too much with those selection criteria except if signals are clearly to discarded for some periods of time. Did you check the start and end time? Do they fit with the actual time range of you signals?

Theodora

Postby Theodora » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:28 am

Hi Marc,

I check all you said. Time looks all right. Still cannot figure out what causes the problem.

Just by chance, I tried to reprocessed some of the data (that worked before) cutting a bit of time, when I noticed that Geopsy refuses to process in some cases. Unfortunately it does not make sense to me why. In one case. processing is done successfully when the file ends at time 6h 19m 59s, but not at 6h 18m 59s. As far as I can see there's nothing in that single second that may have caused problem.
That was for a site that worked.

For sites that do not work, no such effect could be seen.

any further suggestions?

thanks, Theodora

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:23 am

Can send a screen shot of your signals in a table to view the start and the end of each component?
Also can you send a snapshot of the H/V toolbox?

Theodora

Postby Theodora » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:23 am

Hi Marc,

Find below the tables from two sites (RIV.txt and (SYDH.txt)

The RIV site could not be processed. The SYDH is the one where end time 6h 18m 59s couldn't be processed, while 6h 19m 59 s was processed.

I use only vertical component. Why do you need the H/V toolbox? Unless you mean the SPAC toolbox. I attached this too, for the RIV site (that does not work).

thanks, Theodora
Attachments
RIV-SPACtool.doc
RIV SPAC toolbox
(166.5 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
SYDH.txt
data processed
(55.88 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
RIV.txt
Data that cannot be processed
(33.27 KiB) Downloaded 173 times

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:39 am

Sorry for H/V toolbox, I want ed to write SPAC toolbox.

Reading the table file from SYDH, this clear why it does not run after and before a certain time. You have one station that has not the same sampling that the others (start time with 999 ms instead of 000). For SYDH it is after 6h19m, for RIV this happen from the beginning.

Effectively, geospy does not issue an error through a dialog box, but you have the following message in the log display:

Station 'WA_WAU41': incompatible sampling from 35237 to 40188 s, skipping range

I will change to a dialog box alert rather than just a log message.

Return to “Geopsy usage”