doubt in geopsy

This forum is dedicated to discuss all problems and suggestions related to the use of geopsy database and its plugins (array processing, H/V,...).
silentcivil

doubt in geopsy

Postby silentcivil » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:20 am

Hi, I want to analize a record with an active source MASW in geopsy, however when I load the file, traces appear but I cant to get the dispersion curves, I get the following message:

Number of selected stations is less than 2 for array 1.

In other softwares, this problem does not occur.

how I can fix this problem?

Thanks,
best regards.
pd: sorry for my english

admin
Site Admin

Re: doubt in geopsy

Postby admin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:47 am

Di you switch to "No common time reference (leave T0 as is)" in the load preferences? By default, geopsy is dedicated to absolute time records, which is not the case for such experiment. With this option, Time Reference (look at signals in a table) contains the date of acquisition (according to instrument clock) or if the information is not available in header, the file creation time.

Before proceeding to active experiment processing, Geopsy organizes all traces looking at shot coordinates and time reference. Files are not considered by Geopsy to identify shot records. Geopsy is designed to work transparently with records spread over several file or stored together with other shots. If you get such error message, there should be missing information in your header table. If still you cannot resolve it, post a snapshot of your table or choose "Export" from menu "File" applied on a table, select "Table" format and post the result.

sohrab

Re: doubt in geopsy

Postby sohrab » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:10 pm

Dear,
I got some results from ABAQUS and PLAXIS software that i save them in text file.
Text file includes some column (24) that each column represents the record of each geophone.
I cannot analyze the data and obtain F-K or dispersion curve from data by using Geopsy (MASW). In this regard, Could you possibly guide me how to adjust and write the suitable header for text file?
Thanks
Attachments
befor.txt
(130.59 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

Return to “Geopsy usage”