Selection of Profiles from a Specified Misfit Range after Inversion Using Dinver

This forum is dedicated to discuss all problems and suggestions related to the inversion software
nroy1deq

Selection of Profiles from a Specified Misfit Range after Inversion Using Dinver

Post by nroy1deq »

How can I select specified number of profiles between a range of misfit after Inversion using Dinver. Say, I want to select 1000 profiles between a misfit range of 0.1 to 0.5. How can I do that ?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Selection of Profiles from a Specified Misfit Range after Inversion Using Dinver

Post by admin »

You can use gpdcreport from the command line.
Let's say that you generated the report file my.report

Code: Select all

gpdcreport my.report -m 0.5 -rand 1000
You will get the 1000 best models with a misfit lower that 0.5. If there are more than 1000 models available you will get a random selection.
There is no option to select the minimum misfit value. If you want to implement it you have to write your own code in bash, python,... here is an example in bash:

Code: Select all

gpdcreport my.report -m 0.5 -pm | awk '!/#/{if($($2+3)>0.1) print $1}' | gpdcreport my.report -index
The first part extracts the index list of models in the expected range. The last command in the pipe prints the models with those indexes.