How to save dinver best fitting models as ascii files?

This forum is dedicated to discuss all problems and suggestions related to the inversion software
admin
Site Admin

Re: How to save dinver best fitting models as ascii files?

Postby admin » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:39 pm

Change the maximum misfit to plot in the dialog box that pops up when viewing profiles, dispersion curves,...

All graphics of geopsy package have the same features: they can be exported to any image format (right click on axes).

About your second question, I would need more details to comment it... it the inversion advances, more model are generated and the misfit is expected to decrease. You can read the curve the other way round but I do not know what for. You may refer to active number of models... in this case it may oscillate during the inversion, this is normal behavior.

nroy1deq

Postby nroy1deq » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:39 pm

Thank you sir for ur ans...Another problem i am facing...Can i see how many profiles are generating within a specified value of maximum misfit and also Can i save the profiles to a text file on the basis of maximum misfit...Such as, I want to know number of profiles and save them upto a maximum misfit value of 0.15 or 0.5 or 0.6......

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:18 pm

Just keep the original .report file and analyze it with gpdcreport.

For instance to count the models with a misfit less than 1:

Code: Select all

gpdcreport -pm -m 1 my.report | wc -l

Option -pm prints one line per model with all parameter values and the last column, the misfit. wc is system command that counts the lines. The number will be the true number of models plus 1, due to the first line of comments, to get directly the good number, you have to filter them out:

Code: Select all

gpdcreport -pm -m 1 my.report | grep -v "^#" | wc -l

Return to “Dinver usage”