Geopsy 3.3.4 Still H/V Save Results Crashing

Post in this forum all topics related to all sesarray softwares, not a particular one.
Tom

Geopsy 3.3.4 Still H/V Save Results Crashing

Post by Tom »

Dear Admin,

I have been desperately hoping that the upgrade from geopsypack [Win64] release 3.3.3 to 3.3.4 will solve the crashing during H/V analysis when one clicks on Save/Results under the Tools tab in H/V Results windows but just running the newly uploaded [win64] 3.3.4 version the Save/Results in the H/V Results window still crashes

Here is how I have the program on my Windows 10 system
The unzipped Geopsypack-win64-3.3.4 is placed directly in drive C
Shortcut to GeopsyLand is placed on Desktop and Geopsy is started from the terminal

Are there any specific INSTALLATION STEPS I am missing?

Here is the attached error
HV_Saving_Error.txt
(4.86 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
still crashes.

Please Help

admin
Site Admin

Re: Geopsy 3.3.4 Still H/V Save Results Crashing

Post by admin »

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your report.
From the report, I can see that you are running 3.3.2 that has effectively this bug. Make sure you remove all previous versions you installed. Sometimes, there might be plugin paths that remains from previous installations. To clear them:
  • Open GeopsyLand (from 3.3.4 release) if you are running geopsy under Windows. The right panel contains a mini terminal emulation. Under Linux or Mac, open a standard terminal.
  • Run:

Code: Select all

geopsy -clear-tools
  • It sould exit immediately.
  • Run geopsy as usual, it should be better
Your feedback is pretty welcome.

Best regards,

Marc

Tom

Post by Tom »

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the directions

In the mini terminal of GeopsyLand I typed geopsy -clear-tools as directed and after a few seconds I got the feedback Tools cleared in the terminal emulator. After this, I started geopsy, proceeded to process my hv data. Unfortunately, an attempt at saving the hv results led to the program crashing again. I did this over a number of times and still, the crashing persists.

You indicated that after running the geopsy -clear-tools, "it should exit immediately". Are you referring to the mini terminal emulator closing? My terminal does not close down but only indicates Tools cleared.

I have some questions regarding the installation.

After downloading the geopsypack[Win64] release 3.3.4, I unzipped the packed file into a folder placed in C:\geopsypack-win64-3.3.4 from which I executed the GeopsyLand.exe.

This is what I did for all the previous versions I downloaded. Is this the right way of installing the package?

Again on executing geopsy.exe from the geopsypack-win64-3.3.4 and when I clicked on About under the Help Menu, the popped out geopsy flash window shows version 3.3.1 (3.3.2).

Is this correct?

Desperately in need of help.

Tom

Tom

Post by Tom »

Hello Admin, do you have solution to Mr reported problem?

Thanks for your valuable attention.
Tom

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Tom,

Effectively the release shipped within pack 3.3.4 is in fact 3.3.2, due to an error in the packaging. And you are right, the bug is still there because there is no difference between package versions 3.3.2, 3.3.3 and 3.3.4. I'm checking why this is so, and I will regenerate these packages.

To answer your question, "exit immediately" means "Tools cleared" and return to terminal as you got.

I post a message in this topic when the new archives are available.

Best regards,

Marc

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

The true win64-3.3.4 is now available for download. win64-3.3.3 is no longer available.
I checked manually that export of HV results works correctly.
Sorry again for this long delay between 3.3.2 and a working 3.3.4

Best regards,

Marc

Tom

Post by Tom »

Hi Marc,

Thanks a million for making my day. The corrected version is now working. Am now able to save h/v results. Thanks once more.

Tom