ellipticity

Post in this forum all topics related to all sesarray softwares, not a particular one.
saeedsoltani

ellipticity

Postby saeedsoltani » Sun May 04, 2014 6:20 pm

Dear Dr. Wathlet
Hi.

I have used two different methods to calculate ellipticity of Rayleigh wave:
1- First, The method and the MATLAB code released by Dr. M.Hobiger to calculate the ellipticity using Raydec method
2- Using hvtfa tool included in Geopsy software

The results collected for a real site in Iran are like the following.
Regardless of the misfit, curves smoothing and etc because these results are the primary results, I have some questions here.
1- What is the reason for the high variations in the vertical axis (amount of h/v) of very low frequencies in Raydec method, which are happened from obtained results from the diverse ambient noise recording and diverse sites?
2- Since I have no contacts to Dr. M.Hobiger and if you have ever used the code he has developed, could you please explain the reason for using "ginput" function in the code and what exactly this part of the code does?

Thanks.

p.s : i cannot post this question from my e-mail to Dr. Hobiger and i don't know why?
google said : "Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain manuel.hobiger@obs.ujf-grenoble.fr by mxd.relay.renater.fr "

Thanks again
Attachments
a15raydec.jpg
(13.61 KiB) Not downloaded yet
a15htvfa.png
(22.29 KiB) Not downloaded yet

admin
Site Admin

Re: ellipticity

Postby admin » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:22 pm

Manuel is currently at ETH (Zurich), you can find his new email address at http://www.seismo.ethz.ch/research/groups/risk/people/mhobiger/index.
I'm pretty sure he can give you a correct answer.

Return to “General usage”