gpprofile [OPTIONS] [FILE]
Prints profile for specified parameters, from a layered model given through stdin or FILE
Format for layered models:
Line 1 <number of layers n including half-space for first model> Line 2 <thickness (m)> <Vp (m/s)> <Vs (m/s)> <Density (kg/m3)>[ <Qp> <Qs>] .... Line n+1 0 <Vp (m/s)> <Vs (m/s)> <Density (kg/m3)>[ <Qp> <Qs>] Line n+3 <number of layers including half-space for second model, if wished> ....
Quality factors are not mandatory. Any number of models can be given as input.
Profile type options
- -vp Export Vp profiles
- -vs Export Vs profiles (default)
- -rho Export density profiles
- -nu Export Poisson's ratio profiles
- -imp Export impedance profiles
Output type options
- -original Export profiles with original sampling from input models (default)
- -resample Export profiles with a custom sampling
- -average-profiles Export averaged profiles with a custom sampling. Various profiles are averaged into one single output.
- -average-depths Export averaged profiles with a custom sampling. Average is performed over the depth axis.
- -average-at <DEPTH> Returns the average profile over DEPTH meters (travel time average).
- -minmax Export minimum and maximum profiles with a custom sampling
The travel time average velocity at depth , , is computed as:
with the depth of the layer , , the velocity (default=Vs, can be modified, see Profile type options) of the layer and with so that and
Depth sampling options
- -d, -max-depth <DEPTH> Maximum depth for resampled output types (default=100m)
- -n <N> Number of samples for resampled output types (default=100)
- -help <SECTION> Show help about options. SECTION may be empty or: all, html, latex, examples, generic, gpprofile
- -version Show version information
- -app-version Show short version information
- -reportbug Start bug report dialog, information about bug is passed through stdin. This option is used internally to report bugs if option -nobugreport is not specified.
- -reportint Start bug report dialog, information about interruption is passed through stdin. This option is used internally to report interruptions if option -nobugreport is not specified.
- -nobugreport Do not generate bug report in case of error
The function gpprofile is particulary useful to compute Vs30, currently a key parameter for seismic actions in most building codes:
gpprofile -average-at 30 your_ground_model_file
You can even compute Vs30 for all profiles found after the inversion of a dispersion curve with dinver. In the example below, all profiles with a misfit lower than 0.1 are selected for the computation of Vs30 and the results are saved in file "out":
gpdcreport file.report -m 0.1 | gpprofile -average-at 30 > out
Copyright (c) 2002-2008 Marc Wathelet. All rights reserved. See http://www.geopsy.org for more information.